Requisitions are internal electronic forms that are used by NOCCCD to establish purchase descriptions, price, method of funding, etc. A requisition is not a purchase order and, thus, cannot be sent to the vendor to procure products and/or services. Do not place an order, promise an order, or otherwise authorize the purchase of goods or services without a purchase order. This may make you personally liable for payment to the vendor.
Detailed, on-line requisitions are submitted by the requesting department with all the proper approvals. Any supporting documentation, such as quotes, proposals, order forms, etc., must be sent to Purchasing.
The steps to process a requisition are:
- Data Entry - Requesting department prepares a requisition (RQ). The RQ should include the proposed vendor, full description of item or service, unit of measure, quantity, price, model, brand, size, color and delivery location.
- The appropriate commodity code must be used in order to assign the correct Buyer to the RQ. (Please see: Buyer Assignments).
- Formatting - Please follow the following format when creating the RQ:
- Document Text - This section is only to be used to input vendor information (representative name, phone number, address), quote information, and justification of RQ.
- Item Text - please include the following information for each item or service:
- Name of the item/service
- Item or Part Number/Model
- Dates of Service (for service related RQs)
- Authorized Signatures (to be located on the last line of the last commodity item)
- Commodity lines - each individual item will need to have it's own individual line item. In the event that the single item is made up of multiple items, you may use one commodity line and list the accompanying items accordingly.
- Shipping Information - Should be input on the "SHIP TO" page.
- Please input the room number and receiving person's name into the "ATTENTION TO:" space.
- Note: All RQ's from Cypress College must include building number.
- Budget Approval - RQ is reviewed and approved by the Department Authorized Approver and the campus Budget Officer. RQ is then routed to District Accounting for approval. Note: information technology-related RQ is routed to District Information Services (IS) for approval
- Source/PO Creation - Once approved, the RQ is routed to Purchasing to be processed into a PO. Copies of the PO are distributed as follows:
- Original copy to vendor
- Pink copy to A/P
- Blue copy and supporting documentations are kept with Purchasing file
The time it takes to process a RQ to a PO depends upon how long it takes to go through the departmental approval path as well as on the complexity of the PO. Once the RQ has been approved by District Accounting, the requisition will appear in Banner as "Approved." The RQ must show a status of "Approved" in order for the Buyer to process the requisition into a PO.
Accounts Payable receives the invoice, verifies that the amount does not exceed the amount on the PO, makes a copy and forwards the original to the department manager for signature. If the invoice amount exceeds the PO, an RQ is needed for a change order to the PO in order for the invoice to be processed.
The District will allow the invoice to be greater than the PO amount provided that the difference does not exceed 10% of the PO amount and less than $250.00.