To be eligible for first-year free tuiion and student health fees, new students must meet the following criteria:
- First-time college student: Applicants should not have previously earned college credit at any instituion AFTER high school graduation. Any college courses that were taken while in high school, as part of a dual enrollment program, are the only exception.
- Full-time college student: New students are required to maintain 12 or more units each semester and earn a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater.
- High school graduate: Students must submit proof of graduation with their high school transcripts (including North Orange Continuing Education graduates).
- Complete Financial Aid application: There is NO income requirement to be eligible for the North Orange Promise Scholars grant. Applicants are required to complete the FAFSA/DREAM application to determine their need. North Orange Promise funds will cover any remaining balance on student fees.
- Residency requirements: This program is offered for students who meet the California residency requirements or are eliible for exceptoin through the AB 540 application.