The following numbered items correspond to the numbers in the diagram.
1. Check Number.
Employees who receive
a check will see the
check number in this
box. Employees on Net
Check with the Orange
County Teachers Federal
Credit Union will see the
words "Net Check."
Employees with direct
deposit will see the
words "Direct Deposit".
2. Sequence Number.
Used by OCDE
Information taken from
an employee's W-4/DE4
4. Message Field. This field will be activated in the near future. It will provide an area for
districts to place short messages and notices to their employees. Look for future instructions
for using this area.
5. Hours and Earnings.
Description. Types of earning/dockage such as monthly salary, vacation pay, overtime
stipends, prior service, retro pay, sick differential, and attendance docking.
Rate of Pay. The rate of pay for service performed.
Hours/Units. The number of units, hours, or days paid.
Earnings. The dollar amount paid or deducted as a result of the units and rate of pay
calculation. The total of all earnings will show in Box 11 area as Gross Pay.
6. Tax Deductions. Employee portions of current and calendar year-to-date totals for Federal,
State, SDI, Social Security and Medicare deductions. The current total of all tax deductions
in this box will show in the Box 11 area as Tax Deductions.
7. Pre-Tax Deductions. A deduction taken from gross pay that reduces taxable wages. Examples
are deductions for 403(b) TSA plans, deferred compensation 457 plans, Section 125 Cafeteria
Plan deductions including Dependent Care. The current total of all pre-tax deductions in this
box will show in the Box 11 area as Pre-Tax Deductions.
8. After-Tax Deductions. A deduction from an employee's pay that does not reduce the employee's
taxable wages. This deduction is taken after all applicable taxes and mandatory deductions have
been withheld. Examples are union dues, charitable contributions, and certain insurance
payments. The current total of all after-tax deductions in this box will show in the Box 11 area
as After-Tax Deductions.
9. Pre-Tax Retirement. Current, calendar year-to-date and fiscal year-to-date deductions for
PERS, STRS, and/or an alternative retirement plan that is taken from gross pay and reduces
10. Summer Deferral. This area will show the fiscal year-to-date total for an employee with
deferred pay deductions. The current amount for these deductions will print in the
After-Tax Deduction column.
11. The grand totals for current Gross Pay, Pre-Tax Deductions, Pre-Tax Retirement, After-Tax
Deductions, and Tax Deductions will print in this area. Advanced Earned income Credit will
show as a credit for employees who are eligible and have submitted a Form W-5. Classified
employees who receive an Earned Salary Advance will see the amount of the ESA check
they received on the 25th of the month as a deduction from their monthly gross paid on
the 10th of the following month.
||The Effect of Deductions on Your Net Pay |
||Gross Pay |
||Pre-Tax Deductions, Pre-Tax Retirement, After-Tax Deductions, Tax Deductions, and Earned Salary Advance |
||Advanced Earned Income Credit|