The District Manager of Environmental Health and Safety is responsible for implementing the District-wide safety program. Responsibilites include coordinating safety trainings for employees, participating in campus safety meetings, conducting site inspections, developing procedures to minimize toxic chemical exposure, and working with government agencies such as the Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA). Information on the following trainings, programs and services are available via MyGateway, under the Employee tab, Risk Management folder, and then Environmental Health and Safety folder.
- Safety Programs & Trainings
- Injury, Illness, Prevention Plan (IIPP)
- Bloodborne Pathogens Program
- Contractor’s Safety Protocol
- Electrical Safety
- Hazard Communication Program
- Waste and Refuse Management and Reference Guide
- MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) Online
MSDS Online is a District-wide data base that contains folders for every department that uses chemicals. Users have access to view or print any department’s chemical safety information for classes as a teaching tool, or for the department’s own use. Everyone using chemicals must know how to locate the Safety Data Sheets (SDS), formerly called MSDS, for each chemical.
To access as a user, go to: http://hq.msdsonline.com/nocccd
- Then, select “Go to your Account”
- Click on “Help Center” on the top right corner for the tour of the program
- Click on “Locations.” It will list all the campuses and departments in the database.
- Click on “Manufacturers” for a complete list of the chemical manufacturers.
- Proper Storage of Chemicals